Not a bottle blond.



I have never made a blondie before! It's a hard thing for a baker in North-America to admit. Never made it and never really cared. Until Now. I'm procrastinating in a big way. Looking for ways to avoid packing for the road trip that I don't want to take. It seems that baking is providing a great way for me to accomplish my procrastination goal. So instead of packing for the work trip that I have to leave ludicrously early for tomorrow morning, I am BAKING! My friend KT, as you all know, does not like chocolate in any form (yes, even the cocoa powder form!) so recently I've been on the look out for recipes without chocolate. Now, I know that they have been there all along my Peeps, but the difference is that now I CARE. To be fair though, these blondies would not be served to my dear KT because I did end up putting chocolate in them. Two kinds, in fact. White (Ack - here it is again!) and Dark. And... it works.


How could you go wrong really, chocolate of multiple varieties, nuts, sugar, eggs - sounds good to me. It appealed my peeps (kind of like 'the Dude abides' - The Big Lebowski' for those of you unfamiliar) and I'm kind of surprised that it did. Maybe my own tastes are changing! Ah, I'm not going to over-analyse this and just enjoy. I think that I'll take some of these little beaut's with my on my seriously long work road trip (on a bus with 120 teenage boys - did I mention that before????!!!!). I'm sure that they will help me through.


Blondies with White and Dark Chocolate Chunks
(The complete Magnolia Cookbook)


1 1/2 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 lg eggs room temperature
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
3/4 cup coarsely chopped white chocolate (good quality - I used Lindt)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped Dark Chocolate (above 60% cocoa solids)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Butter and grease a 9 inch round cake pan (I used springform)
In a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside
In a larger bowl, cream the butter and sugars until smooth and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix thoroughly.


Sitr in the walnuts and chocolate chunks. Spread the batter evenly in the baking pan. Bake for 35 - 40 min. or until a tester comes out clean. Do not overbake!
Allow to cool and serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Archivo del blog

About Me

My photo
St Michael's Choir School is celebrating it's 75th anniversary year of service to St Michael's Cathedral. Part of the school celebration is a trip to Italy where our boys from Grades 5 - 12 will be performing and celebrating Mass. This blog will be chronicling our adventures. Wanda Thorne is the Vocal Coach at St Michael's Choir School. Gerard Lewis is the Grade 7/8 Homeroom teacher at the Choir School.

My Favourite Cookbooks

  • Naparima Girls High School Cookbook
  • The Silver Palate Cookbook
  • More-with-Less Cookbook
  • Moosewood Cookbook

About Me

My Photo
Wanda Thorne
St Michael's Choir School is celebrating it's 75th anniversary year of service to St Michael's Cathedral. Part of the school celebration is a trip to Italy where our boys from Grades 5 - 12 will be performing and celebrating Mass. This blog will be chronicling our adventures. Wanda Thorne is the Vocal Coach at St Michael's Choir School. Gerard Lewis is the Grade 7/8 Homeroom teacher at the Choir School.
View my complete profile

Followers

Search

Blog Archive

About

Pages

FBC Member