Chocolate Chip Again... with a twist.


Blah Blah... who wants to hear about yet another chocolate chip cookie right. Hear what. We're going on a road trip tomorrow. Please, I can't do these road trips where you stop at some fast food crap to do a 'chew and swallow'. Life is too short for no taste fast food. So, we've got fruit, corn chips (technically junk food... I know) and I'm making these cookies. We're on our way to Montreal so I don't want to fill up too much on the car stuff because we are going to be heading to our favouritest pizza joint in the whole world once we get settled into the hotel. Amelio's is our most favourite, bar none. So, if we eat too much then we won't have enough room for our pizza unless we make ourselves sick - which, believe me, is not out of the realm of possibility for us. It's also a weekend that will include consuming and bringing home copious amounts of Montreal Bagels.


Back to the cookies. I just jacked them up completely with some weird changes that blew my mind (not really but it sounded exciting there, didn't it?). I replaced some of the flour with some oats that I whizzed in the blender for a few minutes until it was like flour. That was cool. A little added texture without the whole big oatmeal cookie thing. I also used totally crazy amounts of chocolate and threw in some white chocolate too - I was feeling crazy today, what can I say. Chocolate stores are a bad place for me. Godiva had a special on recently and I got 3 3.5 oz bars of dark chocolate for $10. Not bad right? They came home with me. And then they went into the cookies.

Lastly I had some Macadamia nuts that were in the freezer and needed to be used up. Yup - they went in too. So, what started as plain old chocolate chip cookies ended up as dark chocolate chunk, white chocolate chunk, macadamia nut, oatmeal flour cookies. It was that kind of day.
Montreal road trip - here we come!


'Chunks of Chocolates' Cookies
makes about 3 1/2 doz. medium sized cookies

2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 cup oatmeal, whizzed until it's flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
12 oz chocolate (I obviously used a mix ;-) feel free)
1/2 - 3/4 cup chopped Macadamia nuts


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with parchment or a non-stick something.
In a medium bowl mix together the flours, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In a larger bowl mix the butter and sugars together until fluffy and well mixed. Add the eggs in and continue to beat until even fluffier. Add in the vanilla and mix well. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and incorporate well but try not to over mix. Add in the chocolates and the nuts and make sure everything in mixed well.

Place in medium spoonfuls on a baking sheets (about 12 to a sheet). Bake for about 11 minutes but watch that the centre is still a little gooey (yum). Carefully remove to a cooling rack and eat once they are cool enough or you just can't resist any longer.

1 comments:

Steena Holmes said...

Who wants to hear about another chocolate chip cookie recipe? Um, HELLOOOOO!

Will you make these for Marineland? Are you still coming down? We'll be going on the 18th. Let me know ... and bring those cookies ... oh, I mean, your kiddies ...

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Archivo del blog

About Me

My photo
St Michael's Choir School is celebrating it's 75th anniversary year of service to St Michael's Cathedral. Part of the school celebration is a trip to Italy where our boys from Grades 5 - 12 will be performing and celebrating Mass. This blog will be chronicling our adventures. Wanda Thorne is the Vocal Coach at St Michael's Choir School. Gerard Lewis is the Grade 7/8 Homeroom teacher at the Choir School.

My Favourite Cookbooks

  • Naparima Girls High School Cookbook
  • The Silver Palate Cookbook
  • More-with-Less Cookbook
  • Moosewood Cookbook

About Me

My Photo
Wanda Thorne
St Michael's Choir School is celebrating it's 75th anniversary year of service to St Michael's Cathedral. Part of the school celebration is a trip to Italy where our boys from Grades 5 - 12 will be performing and celebrating Mass. This blog will be chronicling our adventures. Wanda Thorne is the Vocal Coach at St Michael's Choir School. Gerard Lewis is the Grade 7/8 Homeroom teacher at the Choir School.
View my complete profile

Followers

Search

Blog Archive

About

Pages

FBC Member