Veggie Pasta in Rose Sauce


It's Thanksgiving Monday here in Canada.
That means:
I got to sleep in until 7:45 (kid#2 woke me up)
I could do a whole hour of yoga today whenever I wanted
I got to cook and do my outdoor chores in my pj's (aren't you glad you are NOT my neighbour)

I'm also trying to put together some food for this week without the help of my food box.  Today is a holiday after all and so they don't deliver to me today, my usual delivery day.  However, I love the feeling (and challenge) of emptying out my stores.  I've told you all before that I'm not a horder of anything.  So, nothing gives me greater pleasure (well almost nothing!) than to see a near empty fridge.
Technically, as it's Thanksgiving Monday, I should be having leftover Turkey but we didn't cook any turkey.  I'm goin' veggie today.


So, in my PJ's, with my kids running around underfoot, takin' my sweet time, I made this pasta and enjoyed it a lot.  I will continue to enjoy it this week at work while everybody is having leftover turkey sandwiches.  Look Peeps, I got a half marathon coming up in exactly 6 days - I gotta load up!


Wanda's Veggie Pasta in Rosé sauce
serves 6

6 cups medium pasta (rotini/penne) cooked al dente and set aside
1 small onion, diced
1 medium zucchini cut in strips
1 medium red pepper cut in strips
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups of something green (chard, spinach, I used broccoli b/c that's all I had)
2 tbsp brown sugar or honey
1 lg can of diced tomatoes
1/2 cup soft cheese (cream cheese, goat cheese)
1/2 cup heavy cream or sour cream
salt (to taste)
basil - fresh 1/2 cup - dried 2 tbsp


Heat a large pot and add 3tbsp of olive oil (forgot that part).  Over medium heat throw in the onion, zucchini and peppers and cook for about 5 minutes.  Add in the garlic and cook another 3 minutes.  Add in the green stuff and the sugar and cook for another 5 minutes.  Add in the diced tomatoes and heat through.  Add in the soft cheese and allow it to melt into the sauce.  Add in the cream, salt and basil.  Feel free to add in a dash of pepper sauce as well (I did).


Toss with the cooked pasta.   Serve topped with a little parmesan and/or fresh herbs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Archivo del blog

About Me

My photo
St Michael's Choir School is celebrating it's 75th anniversary year of service to St Michael's Cathedral. Part of the school celebration is a trip to Italy where our boys from Grades 5 - 12 will be performing and celebrating Mass. This blog will be chronicling our adventures. Wanda Thorne is the Vocal Coach at St Michael's Choir School. Gerard Lewis is the Grade 7/8 Homeroom teacher at the Choir School.

My Favourite Cookbooks

  • Naparima Girls High School Cookbook
  • The Silver Palate Cookbook
  • More-with-Less Cookbook
  • Moosewood Cookbook

About Me

My Photo
Wanda Thorne
St Michael's Choir School is celebrating it's 75th anniversary year of service to St Michael's Cathedral. Part of the school celebration is a trip to Italy where our boys from Grades 5 - 12 will be performing and celebrating Mass. This blog will be chronicling our adventures. Wanda Thorne is the Vocal Coach at St Michael's Choir School. Gerard Lewis is the Grade 7/8 Homeroom teacher at the Choir School.
View my complete profile

Followers

Search

Blog Archive

About

Pages

FBC Member